Asenqua Tech is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
The soaring popularity of TikTok has brought about a slew of inquiries, with one of the most frequently asked being, “Does TikTok send notifications when you save a video?” Despite the ability to save numerous videos and capture screenshots, TikTok does not notify the video’s creator when another user saves it.
TikTok has achieved global fame as a platform that allows users to share their short videos and showcase their talents. It has given rise to a plethora of influencers and content creators. Much like Facebook, YouTube, and Instagram, many other prominent social media platforms have drawn inspiration from TikTok and incorporated short video segments. These videos are typically brief, often lasting up to a maximum of 30 seconds.
The increasing trend of sharing viral videos on TikTok has led many people to save videos created by others. However, this practice frequently prompts the question: “Does TikTok notify when you save a video?” This query arises from concerns about whether creators are informed when their videos are saved by viewers.
Does Tiktok Notify When You Save A Video?
Shortly after its launch, TikTok captured the attention of people worldwide with its innovative concept of sharing short videos. The platform offers a canvas for creators to craft an array of content, spanning from fashion and comedy to helpful tips and tricks. Many users share these videos with friends and family, whether for a good laugh or to impart knowledge if they find the content valuable.
In addition, numerous individuals make use of the “save video” feature on the app, but this action often raises a common question: “Does TikTok notify you when someone saves your video?” The simple answer to this query is “No.” TikTok refrains from notifying creators when their videos are saved, screenshotted, or recorded by others. Nevertheless, TikTok does include a watermark below the video, displaying the username to credit the video’s creator. This watermark remains visible when you share the video on platforms like WhatsApp, Instagram, or Facebook.
The watermark’s appearance is as depicted in the image above. While TikTok doesn’t disclose who specifically saved or shared a video, the watermark serves to give due credit to the creator.
In our world, there’s typically a solution for every issue. Such is the case with the watermark. Individuals seeking to remove the watermark can do so if they desire to save a TikTok video without it. However, it’s a good starting point to first understand how to save videos from TikTok before diving into t
How to Save Videos From TikTok?
You might have various reasons to save someone’s TikTok video. Generally, TikTok videos are meant for sharing and going viral, but if you’re new to the platform and want to learn how to save TikTok videos, follow these steps:
- Find the Video: Locate the video you want to download on TikTok.
- Share Option: Tap the Arrow icon, the share icon at the bottom-right corner of the video.
- Save the Video: You’ll see multiple options; choose “Save Video.”
- Saved to Gallery: This action will save the video to your camera roll or gallery.
Saving a TikTok video is simple following these steps, but note that TikTok adds its watermark with the logo and the user’s username. However, there are ways to save and share videos without the watermark.
How to Save a TikTok Without the Watermark?
If you’ve saved a TikTok video and want to remove the watermark, here are some methods:
- Method 1: Cropping the Watermark Logo Out: Use your phone’s gallery editor to carefully crop out the TikTok logo while ensuring the video remains intact.
- Method 2: Using TikSave App: TikSave is an app available on Google Play Store and Apple App Store. Copy the TikTok video link and paste it into TikSave to download the video without watermarks. Note that it’s more effective on mobile devices.
- Method 3: Using SnapTik Online Converter: SnapTik is an online converter that lets you download TikTok videos without watermarks. Copy the video’s URL and paste it into SnapTik; it works well on computers and laptops.
Why Can’t I Save Some TikTok Videos?
While TikTok is user-friendly, there are times when you can’t save a video. This is because content creators can disable the option for viewers to download their videos. If you’re a content creator and want to enable this option:
- Go to Privacy & Safety settings on TikTok.
- Under ‘Safety,’ you’ll find the ‘auto-download’ option, which is ON by default.
- Turn off the “Allow Downloads” option.
This setting restricts viewers from saving the video locally, but they can still screen record it to save in their gallery.
The question of whether TikTok notifies when you save a video is common, but TikTok doesn’t notify creators when their videos are saved. It’s always ethical to ask for consent or provide proper credits when sharing others’ videos. Now that you know how to save TikTok videos, enjoy this short-video platform hassle-free.