Asenqua Tech is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Your Quick Answer:
To eliminate all friends from your Snapchat account individually, you need to unfriend each one. However, if you’re seeking a faster method to remove all friends simultaneously, consider deleting your Snapchat account entirely through the Snapchat help website from your browser.
To remove multiple friends at once, initiate the account deletion process by visiting Snapchat help on your mobile or PC browser. Log in with your Snapchat credentials and submit a deletion request. Refrain from any activity on the account for the next 30 days, as it will be permanently deleted and cannot be restored thereafter.
After the 30-day period, if you wish to create a new Snapchat account, you can do so with all previous chats and friends removed.
Alternatively, you can use tools like the Snapchat Friends Remover. Log in with your Snapchat credentials, choose all friends, and remove them in one go.
How To Remove Multiple Friends On Snapchat:
If you wish to remove all Snapchat friends, messages, and chats, you have a convenient two-step option for accomplishing this. Opting for this process allows you to start afresh with a completely new account, and the added benefit is the complete removal of all chats from both sides.
1. Delete the Snapchat account
If you’re looking to remove all your Snapchat friends simultaneously, your only viable option is to permanently delete your Snapchat account. While this process doesn’t happen instantly, it is highly effective. Follow these steps to guide you through the deletion process:
- Open the Snapchat portal by clicking on the provided link.
- Within the Snapchat portal, navigate to the help section and access the ‘Delete My Account’ option.
- Click on the link to proceed with Account Deletion.
- Once the page opens, input your Snapchat username and password.
- After entering the necessary details, log in to your account.
- You will receive an OTP on the mobile number linked to your account. Enter the OTP and press the ‘Submit’ button.
- You will be directed to the ‘Delete Account’ page. Re-enter your username and password, then click on the ‘Continue’ button.
Your account, along with all your friends, will be deleted in one comprehensive step.
2. Register a New Snapchat account after 30 days
Upon completion of the deletion process, refrain from immediately initiating the new account registration, as it won’t be permitted. Simply wait for a period of 30 days before creating a new account.
To reactivate your Snapchat account and restore all deleted friends, install the app and log in after the 30-day waiting period. Failure to follow this procedure will result in permanent deactivation of your account. It’s crucial to note that during reactivation, use the same username and password for authentication.
Other Ways To Remove Multiple Friends On Snapchat:
Try the following methods:
1. Remove Friends One at a Time To eliminate friends individually, swipe left on each one in your friends list. Click “More” and then “Remove Friend” to complete the process.
2. Block Friends Block Snapchat friends to prevent receiving their snaps or messages. Choose the friend, click “More,” and then select “Block.” The friend will be removed from your list and unable to send you messages or snaps.
3. Hide Friends Hide Snapchat friends to avoid seeing their stories or snaps. Click on the friend’s name, select “More,” and then click “Hide” to stop seeing their content in your feed.
4. Use the “Quick Add” Feature Utilize Snapchat’s “Quick Add” feature to discover new friends based on your contacts and mutual connections. This feature helps you add new friends while removing old ones.
5. Use the “Add Nearby” Feature The “Add Nearby” feature on Snapchat allows you to add friends in your vicinity. Employ this feature to find new friends and remove existing ones.
6. Create a Private Story For sharing snaps and stories with a select group, create a private story. Only friends added to this story can view your content.
7. Using the “Snap Map” Feature Explore new friends by viewing their locations on the “Snap Map” feature. Add new friends and remove old ones based on their locations.
8. Pushing Story Alert Inform friends about your new account by posting a snap or video as a story. Request them to remove you to avoid confusion between your old and new accounts.
9. End Of Message Create a group chat with friends you no longer want to be connected with. Send a final message explaining your discontinuation and request them to remove you.
? Steps to Create a Group and Send Message:
- Go to Snapchat and click on the second option from the left in the menu bar.
- Click on the blue chat icon at the bottom right.
- In the floating tab, click on the option “New Group”.
- Add friends you want to remove, then click “Chat with Group” to finish. Send a final message asking everyone to remove you.
How To Stop Old Friends From Adding You Back On Snapchat:
You can try the below-following methods:
1. Block them Individually To prevent old friends from adding you back on Snapchat, consider blocking each one individually. Although it can’t be done collectively, the following steps outline how to block them:
? Steps To Use:
- Go to the search option from the camera section and type the individual’s name.
- Tap & Hold on the user’s bitmoji to reveal options.
- A floating notification will appear at the bottom, where you will find the option “Block” in red. Click on it and confirm your action.
2. Don’t accept their Friend’s Requests If you wish to avoid old friends adding you on Snapchat, simply ignore their friend requests. Without your approval, they won’t be able to see your updates, ensuring you maintain control over who views your stories.
3. Remove Phone Numbers from Contacts Take the precaution of removing your old friend’s phone number from your contacts list. By doing so, they won’t appear on your Snapchat when you sync your contacts, reducing the risk of accidentally adding them and sending a notification that could lead to them adding you back.