Asenqua Tech is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
In November 2020, as the world grappled with COVID-related lockdowns, Snapchat introduced an intriguing feature to promote social interaction among its users. This new feature was the ‘Subscribe’ button located alongside your Snapchat profile name. Following this update, numerous Snapchat profiles acquired this badge, showcasing the number of subscribers they had.
This development sparked a surge in inquiries across the internet, with people seeking to understand the significance of having, for example, 5,000 subscribers on Snapchat and desiring to learn how to increase their subscriber count. Today, we aim to address all these inquiries for Snapchatters who aspire to obtain a ‘Subscribe’ button on their profiles.
What Does 5k Subscribers Mean On Snapchat?
Snapchat has recently introduced an exciting feature update that grants official Snapchat creators the ability to add a ‘Subscribe’ button to their profiles. This feature also showcases the total number of subscribers a profile has garnered. If the subscriber count falls below 5,000 but is in proximity to this figure, it displays as ‘<5K subscribers.’ Once the profile creator achieves 5,000 subscribers, it indicates ‘5K’ or ‘>5K.’ Furthermore, as the subscriber count grows and reaches one million, the ‘K’ changes to ‘M.’
Now, you may be wondering how to incorporate a ‘Subscribe’ button into your Snapchat account. To do so, the initial and most crucial step is to establish a public profile on Snapchat. To activate the “Subscribe” button on your profile, you must accumulate a minimum of 4,000 subscribers, which brings you close to the 5,000 mark. This threshold is dynamic, adjusting as your public profile accrues additional subscribers over time.
Features Come With A Public Profile On Snapchat
Upon selecting a public profile account on Snapchat, you gain access to a variety of additional features. Here’s a summary of the features provided to a public profile account by Snapchat:
- Snapchatters with a public profile can:
- Add photos
- Include a bio
- Share their location
- Create lenses
- Your profile is equipped with a ‘Subscribe’ button in place of ‘Follow,’ allowing for subscriptions.
- The number of subscribers to your profile is publicly displayed.
- You have the capability to view public stories, lenses, and analyze audience insights.
- You can add a public story alongside the ‘My Story’ section.
- The option to mention contact details like a website link or email is available in your public profile.
- Snapchat offers a range of categories, allowing you to select a suitable category for your public profile.
- Your public profile includes a chat button for easier interaction.
- You can enable the reply option for public stories.
Please note that these features are exclusively accessible to those with a creator account and a public profile on Snapchat. If you’re curious about what a creator account entails, continue reading to learn more.
Creator Account On Snapchat & Its Eligibility
Creator accounts on Snapchat are essentially regular Snapchat accounts that fulfill specific eligibility criteria to earn the designation of a creator’s account. Let’s delve into the criteria required to qualify as a creator account:
- The Snapchat account must be set as a public profile.
- It should have an active posting presence in the story section.
- The account must have a minimum of 100 subscribers.
- The account should have been active as a Snap profile for at least one week.
- It must have at least one bi-directional friend, signifying that both parties have mutually accepted and added each other to their accounts.
It’s important to emphasize that Snapchat accounts transition to creator accounts following a research and fact-verification process associated with the specific account. The transition doesn’t occur instantaneously, even when all eligibility criteria are met. Additionally, once a Snapchat account becomes a creator account, it retains that status permanently, as there is no downgrade system currently in place.
How To Get a Public Profile On Snapchat?
Eager to establish your public profile on Snapchat? Let us guide you through the process. Follow the steps below to create your public profile successfully:
- Open the Snapchat app and tap the ‘Profile’ icon located in the top left corner of the app screen.
- Scroll down to locate the ‘Create Public Profile’ option.
- Snapchat will provide you with guidelines, as displayed in the screenshot below. Tap the ‘Continue’ button and then select ‘Get Started.’
- Finally, tap ‘Create,’ and your profile will be generated.
- You have the flexibility to ‘Edit Profile’ at any time, using the option as shown in the provided screenshot.
- Adjacent to the ‘Edit Profile’ option, you’ll find the ‘Preview Profile’ feature. This function allows you to preview how your profile appears to other Snapchatters. You can also observe the ‘Subscribe’ button in the screenshot displayed below.
How To Get More Subscribers On Snapchat?
To increase your Snapchat subscribers, you need to start from scratch and educate yourself in the art of excelling on Snapchat. Here, you’ll find a collection of proven tips, endorsed by social media experts, to help you gain more subscribers on Snapchat.
- Define Your Content Focus: Once you’ve made the decision to grow your subscribers, the first question to address is what type of content you’ll post. Snapchat offers a range of niches, from travel and fashion to food and fun. Experts advise selecting a niche where you possess expertise and passion, enabling consistent content creation. The key is to connect with your chosen niche genuinely. Avoid the pitfall of imitating trending profiles; uniqueness is your path to standing out among Snapchat’s 332 million global users.
- Embrace Consistency: Consistency is a cornerstone of a successful Snapchatter’s journey. Understand your subscribers’ preferences and deliver content that resonates with them. Create a posting schedule, whether daily, biweekly, or monthly, and adhere to it religiously. In terms of Snapchat stories, frequent updates are preferred. Stories tend to attract more attention than chats or messages. To maintain a consistent flow of fresh content, consider using a batching strategy, preparing content in advance.
- Craft Captivating Captions: Captions are more than just descriptions; they define your posts and profile. The debate between short and long captions is perpetual. The choice depends on current trends. Keep it concise if your audience prefers brevity, but delve into detail if they seek more insight. Lengthy captions are acceptable as long as they add value and are engaging. Captions allow you to connect with your audience, describe your story, add context, and prompt actions. Begin with an attention-grabbing line and conclude with a ‘Call to action’ to enhance engagement.
- Alluring Snapchat Bio: Your Snapchat Bio is your first impression, and it’s essential to make it count. A public Snapchat profile provides this unique feature. Ensure your Bio is well-written, structured, detailed yet succinct, and intriguing to read. Avoid sounding like a resume. Research suggests that an attractive Bio can leave a lasting impact. Keep in mind that Snapchat limits the number of characters, so select your words and information carefully. Provide meaningful and pertinent details about yourself and your profile. Review the Bios of prominent Snapchat influencers for guidance.
- Community Building: Your subscribers should rely on you. It’s not just about the quantity of subscribers, but the quality of your audience is equally vital. Focusing on audience quality leads to more consistent and valuable interactions, with followers also engaging with you on other platforms. To cultivate quality traffic, engage in meaningful conversations with your audience, reply to messages, assist with inquiries, and provide prompt responses to direct messages. Building a strong, trusting relationship with your community is the secret to Snapchatter success.
Know Your Subscribers
Always share stories that resonate with your subscribers’ interests. Understanding your audience’s preferences is paramount. To excel as a Snapchatter, it’s essential to have a clear grasp of your subscribers’ demographics. This knowledge empowers you to craft content that connects with them, delivering meaningful results.
This approach ensures that your posts hold value for your subscribers, and you’re not merely filling space. To achieve this, you can employ tools like Google Forms, conduct surveys, and create polls to gather insights into the opinions and preferences of your devoted subscribers.
Networking That Helps
In the realm of social media and digital marketing, networking plays a pivotal role. Once you’re fully prepared, don’t hesitate to reach out to well-known brands. They might find you a valuable channel for promoting their campaigns. Alternatively, you can engage the services of PR firms to manage this on your behalf, making it easier for subscribers to connect with you.
Additionally, it’s prudent to diversify across various platforms. While Snapchat may be trending and immensely popular, it’s not the sole player in the game. There are numerous other social platforms (to name a few) where you can extend your reach. This approach enhances your collaboration and networking potential. Consider leveraging Snapchat Ads to further boost your presence.
Snapchat has evolved from a simple photo-sharing platform to a dynamic marketplace for brands and digital marketers. With a multitude of features at your disposal, such as the Creator Profile and Snapchat Ads, you have ample resources to enhance your standing in the social media world. Gaining a few thousand followers is just the beginning; the ultimate goal is to amass millions of subscribers to establish dominance in the Snapchat community. The competition is fierce, as numerous profiles boast extensive followings. We trust that the concept of what 5,000 subscribers signify on Snapchat is now crystal clear to you.