Asenqua Tech is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Your Quick Answer:
- Begin by downloading BetterDiscord from the following link: http://betterdicord.app/.
- Once the download is complete, install BetterDiscord by selecting the appropriate version.
- Next, download and install the “MessageLoggerV2” plugin. This plugin is essential for saving deleted, edited, and purged messages.
- After installing the MessageLoggerV2 plugin, you’ll be able to view deleted messages by adding this plugin to your server.
- Enable the MessageLoggerV2 plugin by toggling its switch to the right.
- Alternatively, you can also utilize bots like Logger and Dyno Bot to monitor and keep track of deleted messages on Discord.
BetterDiscord Message Logger: MessageLoggerV2
Discovering deleted messages on Discord is made simple with BetterDiscord and the MessageLoggerV2 plugin. Follow these steps:
Step 1: Downloading BetterDiscord
BetterDiscord enhances Discord’s functionality through plugins and themes. Here’s how to get started:
- Download BetterDiscord directly from the web or visit http://betterdicord.app/ to access the download page.
- Click on the “Download” option displayed in blue.
- Choose the “Install BetterDiscord” option from the three provided.
- Select the desired BetterDiscord version (e.g., Discord) and click “Install.”
- After installation, Discord will open with a BetterDiscord popup, indicating a successful installation.
Step 2: Download MessageLoggerV2
Once BetterDiscord is installed, proceed to download the MessageLoggerV2 plugin, which saves deleted, edited, and purged messages, including ghost pings.
This plugin also enables message restoration after restarting Discord.
Step 3: Add MessageLoggerV2
After installing MessageLoggerV2, follow these steps to enable it:
- Open Discord and access your account settings by clicking the gear icon.
- Scroll down the left panel until you find “BetterDiscord” and click on “Plugins” (the fourth option).
- In the plugins library, click “Open Plugins Folder” to access the folder.
- Locate the MessageLoggerV2 plugin folder, then drag and drop it into the Plugins folder to add it to Discord.
- Toggle the switch next to MessageLoggerV2 to enable it. A “Missing Libraries” popup will appear; click “Download Now” to acquire the missing libraries.
- Cancel any remaining pop-up messages and enable the switches next to “ZeresPluginLibrary” and “XenoLib.”
Step 4: Right-click the server & Open logs
Now that MessageLoggerV2 and other switches are enabled, proceed to view deleted messages on Discord:
- Access the Discord server where you want to see deleted messages.
- Right-click on the server name to display a set of options.
- Click on “Message Logger,” then choose “Open Logs” from the submenu.
- The server’s log will open, featuring four tabs: “Deleted,” “Edited,” “Purged,” and “Ghost pings.” Under “Deleted,” you’ll find your previously deleted messages, complete with timestamps.
- Be patient as the plugin loads and displays older deleted messages, especially if it’s your first time using it.
Frequently Asked Questions:
1. How to See Deleted Messages on Discord plugin?
Utilizing bots to monitor deleted messages in Discord logs is a useful practice. The Dyno Bot, for instance, can be employed to maintain message records within your Discord account. However, it’s important to note that this bot has limitations. It doesn’t assist in tracking media files and won’t display sender names.
Dyno Bot offers both free and premium versions. If you opt for the free version, it’s advisable to act promptly when searching for deleted messages.
2. Can you see if someone deleted a message on Discord?
When a message is deleted on Discord, it vanishes from the chat screen, and you can no longer view it. The message simply disappears, and it’s not possible to identify which member among the users removed it.
Given that moderators, administrators, and other users have the authority to delete messages, any of them could be responsible for the deletion. If you delete a message on Discord, it won’t be visible on the chat screen, and other server members won’t be able to see it either. However, employing a plugin or bot for logging purposes can enable you to access deleted messages and even view edited ones.