Asenqua Tech is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Your Quick Answer:
“Ops” stands for opinions, and when someone references it in their stories and posts, they’re seeking your personal views.
To initiate an “Ops” on Snapchat, first, install the YOLO app and then select “Login with Snapchat.” Proceed by tapping “Continue” to grant the app access to your bitmoji and display name.
Next, click on the “Get anonymous messages” option and compose a question you’d like answers to. Afterward, press “Share” at the bottom of the screen. This action will direct you to Snapchat, where you can capture a photo for the question’s background and post it as a story to receive responses.
To reply to an Ops on Snapchat, access the story by swiping left on the Snapchat home page, tap on the story, and swipe upwards. You’ll find a text box in front of you; type your thoughts and select the option below that reads “Send anonymously.”
It’s important to note that “Ops” carries various meanings. In street slang, it signifies opposition. In the context of internet posts, “OP” represents the Original Poster. Additionally, in the gaming world, “Ops” can stand for “Overpower.”
What Does Ops Mean On Snapchat:
If you’re a regular Snapchat user, you’ve likely come across the term “Ops” frequently in Stories and personal messages. In simple terms, “Ops” refers to opinions.
When someone uses this term in a personal chat or story, they are seeking your personal insights or thoughts on the subject at hand.
More specifically, they are interested in your opinions about them, though this isn’t always the case. This practice is common not only on Snapchat but also on various other social media platforms.
In summary, “Ops” can be understood as synonymous with opinions. In its contextual usage, it implies an invitation for viewers to share their thoughts on the individual posting the content, even if they aren’t close acquaintances.
Note: “Ops” should not be confused with the term “Oops.” “Ops” is specifically a reference to “opinions,” but due to similar letter combinations, it’s easy for people to confuse it with other words.
One of the words that “Ops” is often confused with is “Oops.”
“Oops” is used when someone has made a mistake, and it’s slang for acknowledging an error or mishap. It’s a way of expressing regret. As you now understand, “Ops” has a completely different meaning.
In summary, “Ops” and “Oops” are entirely distinct terms used in the realm of social media.
How to Create Ops on Snapchat:
? Steps to Follow:
Step 1: Download YOLO and Provide Snapchat Access
- Install the YOLO app from your phone’s App Store or Play Store and open it.
- Tap on “Login with Snapchat” and then select “Continue” to grant the app access to your Snapchat username and bitmoji.
- The app will open, and you’ll see your bitmoji at the top left corner of your screen.
Step 2: Tap on “Get Anonymous Messages”
- Within the app, tap on the option labeled “Get anonymous messages.”
- In the next tab, you’ll encounter a question and three options at the bottom.
- The first option changes the question, the second adjusts the color, and the third modifies the font.
- You can also type your own question using your keyboard.
- Tap “Share” at the bottom, and it will take you to Snapchat, where you can pair the question with a photo.
Step 3: Post as a Snapchat Story
- Capture a photo on Snapchat, then tap the blue arrow icon.
- Choose “My Story” to post it as your story, and tap the verification option at the bottom right corner.
- Your story will be posted.
How to Reply to Ops on Snapchat:
? Steps to Follow:
Step 1: Tap on Ops Story
- To respond to Ops, open the Snapchat app and navigate to the camera section.
- You can access someone’s story by either swiping right and tapping on the blue halo around a chat’s profile picture or swiping left and selecting the particular story in the story section.
Step 2: Express Your Emotions About the Person and Their Activity
- Share your candid opinions with them, bearing in mind that these messages are anonymous.
- While some apps claim to reveal anonymous senders, this app is designed to prevent such disclosure.
Step 3: Send and Share Your Thoughts
- Once you’ve typed your thoughts, tap on the “Send anonymously” option to record your completely anonymous message.
- Be mindful not to be hurtful just because you’re anonymous.
? The Other Meanings of ‘OPS’:
OPS (In Gang Terminology):
- In gang terminology, OPS commonly refers to opposition or rival gang members. It’s primarily used within gang circles. Calling a group of people “OPS” signifies that they are rivals to the group using the term. This is sometimes misunderstood as a short form for “cops” (police).
Ops (On Social Media):
- “OP” stands for “Original Poster,” and the plural form is “OPs.” You might encounter this term in platforms like Tumblr and Reddit. It’s used to refer to the person who initiated a particular discussion. As discussions grow, it helps new participants identify the discussion’s originator.
OPS (In Gaming):
- In the gaming world, “OP” is a term used to describe something that is overpowered. In simpler terms, it means that a character, object, or skill is significantly stronger than others and provides a player with a significant advantage.
The Bottom Lines:
Here, you’ve learned the various meanings of “Ops” and how to create a story on Snapchat to receive opinions from others about you. Be mindful of similar words that carry different meanings, and ensure proper spelling to avoid confusion.