Asenqua Tech is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
In this comprehensive guide, we will walk you through the process of discovering who has captured screenshots of your Snapchat story. We will provide detailed explanations and include helpful screenshots to ensure you can effectively safeguard your Snapchat privacy.
The concept of “Stories,” those 24-hour snippets of video or images that automatically vanish the next day, has become a common feature across various social media platforms such as WhatsApp, Instagram, Facebook, and Snapchat. However, what sets Snapchat apart is its unique ability to not only let users see who has viewed their stories but also identify those who have taken screenshots of them. This distinctive feature aligns with Snapchat’s reputation for combining enjoyable interactions with robust privacy safeguards.
It’s a common scenario for all of us to come across an image or photo that we’d like to keep beyond the 24-hour window or share with others, prompting us to capture a screenshot before it disappears. While there’s no harm in viewing a Snapchat story multiple times, the context changes when intentions aren’t entirely benign. Snapchat, as part of its commitment to security and privacy, empowers its users by allowing them to track the individuals who have taken screenshots of their stories.
How To See Who Screenshotted Your Snapchat Story?
- Open the Snapchat App and Tap on the ‘Profile’ icon at the top left corner of the app screen.
- Within the “My Stories” section, your most recent stories are displayed in the order they were originally crafted.
- You’ll find two distinct icons in the form of an ‘Eye’ and ‘Two arrows pointing in opposite directions,’ as demonstrated in the screenshot. The ‘Eye’ icon signifies the count of viewers for the story, while the ‘Two overlapping arrows in opposite direction’ icon represents friends who have taken a screenshot.
- Tap the ‘Story’.
- Towards the lower part of the screen, there’s an upward-pointing arrow for you to swipe upwards. By swiping up on the posted story, you can access the information about who has captured a screenshot of that particular story.
- As depicted in the screenshot, the symbol of two opposing arrows adjacent to a name indicates the friend who has captured a screenshot of the story. In this specific instance, only one person has taken a screenshot. However, all individuals who take a screenshot will be represented in a similar manner.
Facts About Snapchat Story & Its Screenshots
The information regarding who has viewed your story, the time it was viewed, and who has taken a screenshot will vanish along with the story within the 24-hour window.
Snapchat stories can be viewed an unlimited number of times. Users have the option to save their stories to the ‘Memories’ section as well as on their device’s camera roll.
Within the ‘Stories’ section, you can view a maximum of 200 Snapchatters who have seen your story. If the count exceeds 200, you won’t be able to identify specific viewers or those who have taken screenshots. However, you will still be able to see the total number of viewers.
It’s important to note that you may not always receive a notification when a Snapchatter captures a screenshot of your story.
How To Change The Privacy Settings of ‘My Story’ on Snapchat?
Privacy is a critical concern in the online realm, where vulnerabilities to privacy breaches abound. Snapchat places a strong emphasis on safeguarding user privacy by offering a range of privacy features. This social media platform allows users to determine who can access their stories, granting them control over their online privacy. To assist you in managing your Snapchat privacy effectively, we’ve outlined the steps to adjust the privacy settings for ‘My Story.’
- Open the Snapchat app and tap on the ‘Profile’ icon positioned at the top left corner of the screen.
- Next, tap on the ‘Settings’ option located in the top right corner.
- Scroll down to locate the ‘Privacy Control’ section and tap on ‘View My Story,’ as shown in the accompanying screenshot.
- You’ll encounter three options on your screen. Choose the one that aligns with your preferences. The first option allows anyone, both within and outside your friend list, to view your story. The second option restricts access to your story solely to your friends. Additionally, you have the flexibility to fine-tune your privacy by blocking specific friends from seeing your story.
Furthermore, as illustrated in the screenshot above, Snapchat provides various other privacy settings that you can adjust at your convenience. Any changes made will apply to all your future posts.
while many Snapchat users are drawn to the platform for its entertaining filters and appealing lenses, not all are aware of the robust privacy features it offers. Snapchat empowers users to engage in social interactions within the secure confines of their personal lives. While Snapchatters relish their chats and sharing Snap moments, some may intrude on others’ privacy. To address this, we have compiled this step-by-step guide to help you learn how to identify those who’ve taken screenshots of your Snapchat story and modify its privacy settings. We hope this information assists you in avoiding troublesome Snapchatters.