Asenqua Tech is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
There are more than one ways to optimize the performance of solar panels. One way that has become a mainstay is the use of mounting rails. And it’s not just a casual step in the process. Only the highest quality of solar panel mounting rails should be considered during solar panel installation.
Sounds like a big deal, doesn’t it? That’s because it is integral to the efficiency and power generation of panels, including their orientation and stability. Read on to learn more about mounting rails and why it’s important to invest in them.
What Are Solar Panel Mounting Rails?
To understand solar panel mounting rails, you should think of them as individual components of the singular framework for solar panel installation. In other words, those mounting rails help lay the foundation for effective solar panel installation and performance of the panels.
During the solar panel installation, the mounting rails are fixed to the roof or ground system – depending on where the panels will be attached. The attachment is completed using modules and clamps to fasten the rails. It’s the final process just before the panels are installed and it helps to set the panels at any angle.
The Crucial Roles Performed By Solar Panel Mounting Rails
So why exactly is the fixing of mounting rails a prerequisite for effective solar panel installation?
1. Easy and Quick Installation
Firstly, mounting rails come with features like pre-drilled holes that make it easier to install the solar panels. That way, your ground or rooftop system already has a framework for efficient installation of solar panels.
- Proper installation of panels ensures improved performance of solar panels in generating and circulating power.
- It also ensures the durability and longevity of the solar panels
- It prevents damage caused by faulty installation
2. Assists Solar Panel Orientation
Secondly, solar panel mounting rails ensure proper alignment of solar panels either on rooftops or ground systems. That way, they can be cleverly positioned to ensure maximum exposure to sunlight. As long as the panels are not installed under any shade, adding mounting rails will help to incline the panels at the best angles for tapping from the sun
- The optimal inclination of the panels results in the optimal generation of solar energy and its conversion to electricity
- It also ensures the panels can be easily adjusted to the perfect angle for receiving sunlight throughout the day
3. Provides a Means of Stability and Support
Finally, mounting rails act as the stable stronghold for solar panels. That ensures the panels are well fastened to prevent them from slipping and falling off rooftops. Hence, you can refer to mounting rails as the backbone of any solar panel system.
- The stability and support offered by solar panel mounting rails ensure the panels are well protected against weather elements.
- It helps distribute the weight of the panels across the mounting platform to prevent tilting and stress on the platform.
Mounting rails are valuable components of solar panel systems due to the increased stability, longevity, and performance that come with their use. Hence, it’s important to include them in the solar panel mounting process to enjoy an increased energy output.